Print Distribution to brick and mortar retailers, bookstores and libraries:
For every print title, you request that we publish 2 PDF files:
• Complete Interior PDF* (formatted as .pdf) + Complete Cover PDF** (formatted as .pdf)
*Complete Interior PDF: you must provide one PDF of the complete interior of your book. Included in the PDF would be every page that you see when you open a physical copy of a book. This includes any blank pages whether they are numbered or not from beginning to end. Individual PDFs of each chapter or parts do not make a “complete” book.
**Complete Cover PDF: this means all the information (text and images) on the front cover, back cover, spine, and flaps (if cover is a dust jacket) assembled into a single PDF. A PDF of the front cover alone is not a complete cover PDF.
Each PDF file must be a high-resolution file no less than 600 dpi for black & white and 300 dpi for color formatted to one of the following trim sizes determined by the genre of the book.
Trim Size by Genre
- General Fiction 5.25×8
- General Non-Fiction 5.5×8.5
- Thrillers/Mysteries 5.25×8
- YA General Fiction 5×7
- YA Dystopian, Fantasy, and Sci-Fi 5.5×8.5
- General Self Help 5.25×8
- Inspirational/Spiritual 5×8
- Memoir 5.25×8
- Reference 6×9 and 7×10
- Middle-Grade Fiction 5×8
- Picture Books PB 8.5×8.5
- Business 5.5×8.5 OR 5.25×8
eBook Distribution to online e-retailers
For every eBook title you will be uploading 2 files:
• Complete Interior EPUB (formatted as .epub) + Front Cover (formatted as .jpeg or .jpg)